Sunday, August 29, 2010

“Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.”

Nearly a million people worldwide commit suicide each year, with anywhere from 10 million to 20 million suicide attempts annually.

Just last week, a friend became part of that statistics.

I got the text massage this evening. I was having a good day, having fun with friends when my phone beeped and boom! My heart stopped.

As soon as I got home, I read articles about suicide and I just can't find the logic behind taking one's own life. Someone said I should be more understanding or rather I should feel familiar with the event having had 3 friends committing suicide in the past years but I can't. Each friend is unique. Each loss, a different pain.

Dear Sarah, I hope you find the peace you wanted. I will always remember you as a person with a good heart. God bless your soul.

1 comment:

red said...

she is indeed a good person ma'am. nagbulig pa na xa tahi last TGIF kay jenny kag MB. hais..