Thursday, February 9, 2012

I had a conversation with one of my best friends back in high school about elastic limits. How everyone has one. The moment where we all break and snap. The point of no return. It varies for all.. some may have shallower limits. Some can go on far longer than even they realize (i think i am one of these people). But when that elasticity is breached, when there’s no more slack, when it does snap, it’s final.

We have elastic limits for many things. Breached elastic limits are the cause of career shifts, broken relationships, people moving far away, black eyes and maxed out credit cards.

Today I can’t help but think about my own limits. At what point am I going to break (because I know I haven’t yet)? And can I come back from that if and when it happens?


No comments: