Wednesday, April 18, 2012

rerun

i went away from home for about a month and where i went, we had no tv (which was good coz i was able to get a loooot of things done). so of course, as soon as i got home i caught up with my favorite shows and even watched the reruns.

one of those i watched was Glee and in this particular episode Coach Beiste was asked out by Cougar, the football agent. She thought it was a joke and she roared with anger as she replied:

“But I’m not a pretty girl. I don’t have the kind of face that a pretty girl has.”

to which Cougar replied:
“Well, that’s good because I don’t date girls. I date women. Beautiful women, like you.”

kilig much.

Ever since I was a little girl, I really haven't felt pretty enough. I've always felt unnoticed. I've always felt that I do not have my friends' "effortless good looks".I've always felt that I was not deserving of that word.

And then I realized I don't want to be pretty anymore. I want to be beautiful. I want to possess something that lasts, even if all the pretty is beaten out of me. Beautiful has sturdy roots that run deep into the earth, building the tallest, strongest trees. I want people to smile when they look at me, with or without my lipstick on, because they associate me with something more than can be seen. I want to be beautiful and I think that I could be. I think – somewhere deep down – that I am.

-----------------

and while we're talking about Glee, i sure want Ricky Martin back!

No comments: