Thursday, May 7, 2009

killing time

I love to read. Drop me off at any bookstore and you can come back for me a few hours later, still not bored, probably curled up at a corner reading or scanning through at least 3 books/magazines.
It’s such a wonderful way to pass time. Time’s not actually wasted coz I get to learn about something different each time I’m there.
Yesterday I went to the bookstore near my place and the following caught my attention:

1. What Shamu taught me about life, love and marriage by Amy Sutherland

How the secrets of the wild kingdom’s wranglers can help with your own primate. Her rules:
1. accept that some things may never change
2. ignore the behavior you don’t want
3. and make sure you compliment the behavior you do want.
4. don’t blame yourself when the primate behaves badly.
5. pick your moments wisely
6. keep your mate happy

(hmmm…..makes sense)

2. Happiness is an Inside Job: Practicing for a joyful life by Sylvia Boorstein, Ph.D.

The book tells us that to practice “wise effort” – if you’re anxious, you can consciously decide to calm down.

(do we really need a book to tell us that?)

3. Perfumes: the Guide by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez

A collection of over 1200 critiques of different scents. Hilarious!

(I love perfumes so this one’s just my type!)

4. Pugad Baboy XX

PM Junior’s 20th. Polgas. Mang Dagul. Brosia. Everyone else. Need I say more?

5. Marie Claire’s last issue

sniff sniff =(

No comments: