Saturday, February 12, 2011

movie tonight

An Education is a charming coming-of-age tale about a bright-eyed 16 year old girl and the (much older) man she falls for.

There aren't very many twists in its plot, but they're best discovered on their own; the audience is allowed to experience Jenny's coming-of-age as she does, feeling alongside her the inevitable hurts, exhilarations and misunderstandings that result when you have the brain of an adult, but not necessarily the emotional intelligence to understand it.

I've already seen the movie a few months ago and I had a lot of complaints against it but tonight (as it was on HBO), I sat through it again and decided I like the movie. I still have some problems with it but hey, no movie is perfect (well.....LOTR maybe. but i am being biased). I was entertained and so i'll leave it at that.

I found out that this movie was based on a book by Lynn Barber (pictured below). Anybody have a copy?



No comments: