Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Midyear Report

i promised myself i will not complain about the bad stuff so here are the highlights of my half year.

I finished my masters! Oh wow, that was in March. I always thought I’d be an Octoberian but in a span of two weeks, I took two back and forth trips to manila (and even stayed at a not-so-safe dorm), was able to finish editing in a few days, received my schedule for defense, bargained on that schedule, and had my defense on the last day of scheduled defenses. I was the last in our program to defend and I am glad that we were all (the lucky 7 as dad calls us) able to defend our theses successfully. March 18 gave me the longest 40 minutes of my life. My stomach was in knots (coz I forgot to have lunch and my defense ended at 4pm!) waiting for my verdict. I felt so alone coz I was the only one without any companion. I thought the dean would not let me pass coz she had a lot of comments about my paper. BUT I did! When I heard her say “congratulations”, it felt as if a very heavy load was taken off my back. I soooooo wanted to cry because I was all alone. It was just me. I was soooo happy and yet it didn’t feel right. I had no one to share it with. But then I rationalized the shit off, so I was able to hold back my tears til I got back to the pad. First thing I did after calling my dad and crying my eyes out was to sleep and celebrated with my favorite couple, toots and eeva.

My brother and I graduated! I finished my MS, my brother finished his BS. I am so proud of him and because of that….

We watched The Script in concert! My graduation was in manila so we took it as an opportunity to bond. I took him around, we bonded with cousins and friends and of course, watched the concert. I was jumping the entire time! We had good seats, and even good company. We didn’t know our company but it was nice to be in a room with people who appreciate the same music we do. The concert was quite short (coz nothing will ever compare to the Ehead’s Final set concert) but it was well worth it I had concert LSS til the next week!

Joffie’s wedding and Maymay’s coming home. The wedding took place the day after my defense. I was the ngarag na ngarag maid of honor. Maymay was finally home after about 5 yrs in Dubai so the wedding was extra special coz us cousins were able to get together.

Conferences/Seminars. We had the clinical pharm seminar in May. I attended with bambi. It was fun! As usual, Prof. Sayed did not fail to entertain and make us learn stuff. Then there were the PACOP and the DOTS thingy with madam. That prolly was the most interesting PACOP I’ve been to. Of course, ACCP. Attended the conference with daddy doc and bambi. Even though it rained hard and we even waded through baha, I still had fun. Learned a lot and even met very nice new friends. Bambi also presented her paper and I was one happy, proud colleague.

Pre-nups! Been to two- zsazsa’s and tintin’s. I had to go home for zsazsa’s and although it was just a one day thing, it was so much fun! I even made new friends. Tintin’s on the other hand was in Boracay. Another round of fun, not only with her and mikol, but with the photog team as well. It felt as if I was with my barkada, and not with people tintin hired to make her and mikol look good in photos. Hahaha. It made me realize prenups are fun but only if I’m not the subject of the photos. Hahaha. I always believe that prenup photos should be those photos of the couple while they went along their normal lives before the wedding, no fancy production number. But hey, I might change my mind when my turn comes. Hahahahah liwat.

Summer internship. I was able to visit and spend time with my students. Learned a lot and enjoyed going to different places.

Claire and Grace. First time they went home together. It was always a lagare thing for me but I am still so thankful they were back even for such a short time.It took all my energy away, having work atil 7 and then dinner+whatevers til the wee hours of the morning, but i'm not complaining. this is a homecoming that we've been waiting for for years.

The other Tata. Was that eight or ten years that passed by without us really talking about our lives or seeing each other? It was an unexpected thing. All the while, I thought it would just be one dinner and coffee session like in the past 3 times I was in manila. But hey, spontaneity is good man gle no? I learned a lot. I enjoyed our “dates”. And syempre, Nagsasa. Part 1 was fun yet part 2 had me feeling all sorts of stuff (ohmygosh, embarrassed, happy, sad, hungry, confused, worried, linte tanan na lang! hahaha). I could talk about it and not stop so imma leave it at that. Fun-yet-maypagkasortofulugtasanlanggidya times. Memories that could last me from aug 8 til forever(?) =)

I look forward to the next six months. i have been feeling under the weather lately. I've been so stressed about work, people, life. But i will not stop hoping for better things to come. I believe better things will come. I pray for that. I know things will get better.
Amen.

2 comments:

Mai said...

I'll post something like this, too. I'm trying to bring myself together to blog about a lot of things, but not now anay. Hehe :)

princess kumod said...

i am bloggin happy thoughts mai but if you only know how terrible these days are...hay naku. i promised i won't complain though. so happy thoughts lang ta ah. hahaha

i miss you and i need huuuuuuuuuuugs