Friday, March 16, 2012

I always believe that nothing happens by sheer chance. Everything happens for a reason. There are no coincidences.

I've been having an unpleasant week so far and it has been taking its toll on me. Today was particularly difficult because of disappointments, hurt, and feelings of hopelessness and fear.So earlier tonight, when some friends asked me to hang out, I gave in despite being so tired from all the has been happening around me (and me just wanting to go home and curl up in bed).

It was the best decision I made today.

I am thankful for friends. My friends. Friends that are honest and will call you out when you’ve done something wrong. Friends who cheer you on when you've done something right. Friends that will stand by you even when you don’t think you’re worth it. Friends that will help you up when you’ve fallen down for the nth time. Friends that love you no matter what.

I know today had to happen. Today, I was reminded that I am not alone. That despite the busy-ness of my life and of my friends' lives, we still have each others' backs. And on days like today, that’s more than enough.

No comments: