Sunday, May 20, 2012

Word.

i was fortunate to attend the mass of a newly ordained priest this morning and he shared with us his experience that led him to being a priest. it took him twenty years to be ordained because he had a lot of humps along the way. he shared that there was one time when he felt like giving up, even take up his life because he was losing hope and losing faith. but then he realized that he was not ready for that. he was scared to die because he wasn't able to make his dream of serving others by being a priest a reality yet. so he fought his demons and his fears and he found people to support him and pray for him and he prayed and prayed too that until just last week, he was able to make his dream a reality.

i have a dream, myself. this dream may not even be that which others would expect from me. this dream isn't just about me. and i want it so bad that it scares me. it scares me that it might not come true. 
hearing the priest's story gave me hope that i might be able to make my dream a reality. 
so i will fight my fears and my demons. and i will pray. and pray. and pray some more until my dream becomes a reality.

No comments: