Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

“You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn't depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.” 
― Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society

FAMILY.
that's the word i can most relate my 2012 with.

i love my biological one but this year had me figure out who really count.

“Strangers are just family you have yet to come to know.” 
― Mitch Albom

it's amazing how strangers have become my close friends and how, in just a short while, i have become "family" to some of them. i am thankful for people who have accepted me as family despite some circumstances. truly, their love is something i will be forever grateful for.

“There will be times when I will say and do things to/for you that you will not like, more so, hate. That is what it means to be family.” 

i heard this a lot this year - from my dad, from relatives, from close friends - and i understand why hurtful things need to be said. to be done. and yes, it's heartbreaking at times and at my low points, i tend to question myself, but i understand them and they understand me and my stubbornness.

i know things will fall into their proper places. i have faith in that happening. soon.

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life."



family. i have my biological one and i have the people i've decided to keep in my life. there are not so many of them but they sure made my 2012 amazing.
 


No comments: