Thursday, December 27, 2012

today

I woke up with this:

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. Good morning ma'am! I thank God for sending you to our lives. Merry Christmas!" - sms from a student


I took much time thinking about this year. Myself. Everything that led me here. That led me to the NOW. Suddenly, things are not as arbitrary as they once seemed. I’m not saying the loose ends have been tied up or that the story has been resolved. I know that’s not how this thing, life, works. But there are details that make better sense now in light of where we’re standing.

2012 was a constant up and down of things, and as I looked back, I realized that there was plenty to be grateful for.

2012 is a year of

family. it's very rare we can get together complete. this year, we were able to do that a lot of times.


the chance to help others, and sharing this chance to help with my students and friends. this will will always be a part of my every year.





"firsts" in our University. and hopefully, more to follow in 2013



travel and new experiences. i know i will always want more of this.











weddings. i attended quite a lot this year.


babies!!!!!
 

 2012 brought me more often to the hospital and to the ER, too


 



...but it made me realize that no matter how busy i can get, i need to look after my well-being too


 2012 was for quality time with my near and dear.



 

Most of all, in 2012, there was an abundance of good people. People, who, without them, I would not be able to accomplish the many things our department was credited for. People who helped me get through all the difficulties i encountered. and people who shared with me my happy moments.

This gratitude list barely even scratches the surface, but as we go on through this day, may we always see how plenty there really is to be grateful for.

Smile. Let's rock the last days of 2012.


No comments: