Monday, October 3, 2011

a late post

when i was in singapore last month, i viewed a photo exhibit by the photographer Abbas


what got my interest were his photos of the different religions all over the world





i born and raised Catholic (and the conservative/traditional one at that) but I have lots of friends who belong to other religions and we never had problems about it. we have similar beliefs, even practices, and they tug at my heartstrings every time they tell me they include me and my intentions in their prayers. i know that them praying for me is one of the reasons why i am blessed. it makes me feel loved, knowing that our friendships can be thicker than faith.

while viewing the photos, I got to thinking and realized that at the core of every organized religion is LOVE. love for one's self, for another person, for a higher being, whatever name you might call him/her.

at the end of the hall was a guestbook. i scanned through it and this was what i liked best:

"...i think i don't understand enough to understand..."

i might not understand other religions but i would like to believe that i understand love and that's what's more important. what's most important.

No comments: