Saturday, October 22, 2011

para sa OMC-ers

note:
i wanted to use english films but the persons involved like these more. ahahahaha.

in an ideal world, we all end up with that person who knows everything about us, who's always there at the times we need someone, who has seen us at our worst and loves us anyway.

in an ideal world, we end up with our best friend.

but sometimes, the feeling is one-sided. sometimes, all you'll ever be and will be best at are just being best friends.
“Oh yes, kaibigan mo ako. Kaibigan mo lang ako... And I'm so stupid to make the biggest mistake of falling in love with my best friend.”- Jolina Magdangal, Labs Kita… Okay Ka Lang? (1998)
("oh yes, i am your friend. just your friend... And I'm so stupid to make the biggest mistake of falling in love with my best friend.")

and sometimes things happen that make even the best of friends become strangers.

Syinota mo ako eh, syinota mo ang best friend mo!”- Kim Chiu, Paano na Kaya (2010) ("you made your best friend your girlfriend!")

“She loved me at my worst. You had me at my best, but binalewala mo lang ang lahat(you took it all for granted)… And you chose to break my heart.”- John Lloyd Cruz, One More Chance (2007)
-->of course i had to include this! hahaha

and sometimes it does not end up well because people tend to mistake NEED for LOVE, and that's just not fair. the thought of losing someone does not mean you really-reaaaally love that someone. love is love, period. loving someone because you need that someone - to be a shoulder to cry on, to help pay the bills, to make that person buy you stuff, etc - isn't really love. it's called "using" that someone. sooner or later, that someone will come to the truth and that will surely not end up good (tama ba, ejboy? hahahaha).

Mahal mo ba ako dahil kailangan mo ako, o kailangan mo ako kaya mahal mo ako?”- Claudine Barretto, Milan (2004) ( "do you love me because you need me or do you need me because you love me?")


i guess taking that leap from best friends to a romantic relationship is a very big risk people take. it's something that's very difficult to undo. once the road is taken, there's just no easy way back.

i always believe that friendship is the strongest foundation of a relationship but the risk is so big that you really have to be sure it's what you want. and trust me, you really have to pray about taking that risk.

falling in love with your best friend and having your best friend feel the same way is an amazing, wonderful thing.

so..... good luck. think long and hard. and pray. God will give you your answers in due time

((powerhuuuuuuuuuuug))

PS
eeva, i know you're reading this. tama naman di ba? hahaha =)

No comments: