Sunday, July 8, 2012

the midyear report

it's amazing how time flies. i remember writing this last year and feeling all sorts of stuff. the past year had been extraordinary to say the least and now, lemmetell you what i've been though for the first half of the year:

the year started really good with loved ones and prayers



in feb, i finally was able to see our place.

and i love it!
we were also able to visit the old folks at asilo and went mangrove planting at banate


in March:
pulag, finally!



luz-vi-min family reunion
and our first ever white coat ceremony (achieve!)  


The first week of April had us celebrating a very special birthday

and the following weeks: a homecoming, plus my godson's elementary graduation



it also brought me to Cebu

(doing some thinking at Bigby's while waiting for my dates)

and back to more home-cooked meals and happy memories


May had us travelling back home for lola's funeral, and another set of medical mission
and dropped by my students' internship in Cebu while meeting some old friends 
 

and back again to my other home for more home-cooked meals and more happy memories.

the last days of May were spent with the clan for some birthdays and my mom's memorial


June was the start of another chapter in my career.I really don't think of it as an achievement - even if people tell me it is - but rather a challenge for me to make some changes where I am.
June also was spent with family at the farm.


Sifting through the many pics I was able to take the past six months made me realize a lot of things. I was even amazed at how much was done in a short span of time. There were milestones, there were difficulties but the happy memories far make up for the troubles that came along the way. 

I am glad to have started and ended the first six (and started the next six months) with the person I love most. I know there will be more work to be done these next months, maybe even more decisions to make, situations to face, but I look forward to making more happy memories and strengthening bonds as the days go by. 

Let's get it on, second half of 2012!



No comments: