Friday, January 13, 2012

namangkot sila

They asked: Anybody can love the most wonderful parts of another person. But that’s not the clever trick. The really clever trick is this: Can you accept the flaws? Can you look at his faults honestly and say, ‘I can work around that’? Because the good stuff is always going to be there, and it’s always going to be pretty and beautiful, but the crap underneath can ruin you. Are you willing to accept that?

I say,

Your flaws single you out, set you apart, make you different from the rest, and thank god. I don’t just settle for put up with your blemishes, I accept them. I like them because they make you human, and humans are easier to love than photographs and illusions and ideals; humans fit more easily between arms and between legs; humans are welcome to their imperfections because if there’s one thing humans can do perfectly, it’s love. Humans can love, they can do it flawlessly.


No comments: