Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 2: 20 of my favorite things

this is difficult. i am not attached to things but here goes...

1. this blog =)

2. my phone - i can do a lot with it but i have to admit, it sometimes pisses me off too. (i guess we need some reformatting?) hehehehe

3. my journal - i like putting my thoughts on paper. it is a source of reflection and lots of laughs too.

4. my car - i worked hard for it (well, half of it since the parents footed half of the bill) and it has been with me for more than a decade. my car has had an up-close and personal view of my life that even my bestest of friends haven’t: it bore witness to my emotional blowups. my car has seen me cuss, talk to myself like a crazy person, pray with real conviction and sing louder than I ever have before. The truth is: I have never been more me than when I was sitting inside my nissan.

5. my travel bag - my family and friends are in awe of how much i can put inside my trusty travel-cum-gym bag. it can fit a day or two and even a week's worth of travel essentials! who says i'm afraid of "go lite"?

6. my pc - i wanted to say my laptop but it was already put to retirement so the pc takes its place. i want a new lappy though.

7. my rosary - i remember my mom leading our family nightly prayers with this. when she died, dad gave it to me and i've been praying with it every day. a few years back, when my dorm room was ransacked, this was the first thing i looked for. this is something that could never be replaced.

8. my earrings - it's my first diamond pair given by my father and what's more special about them is that two (or three) of my hs barkadas have the same earrings.

9. my books - my favorite ones, to be exact. my father has been complaining that my books are taking much space at home so i had to give the others to my nieces and nephews in hopes of them enjoying my books the same way i did.

10. my violin - i haven't been playing much for quite some time now but it will always be a reminder of my childhood. i plan to make friends with my violin again sometime soon.

11. my camera - it's just a point and shoot but it does its job well.

12. my ipod - i need a new (and bigger) one but so far, my little shuffle is enough for the gym, the car, at airports/buses/jeeps.

13. my wallet - neenee gave it to me and it contains all the IDs and cards and what little money i have left. hahahaha

14. my pens - i have two favorite pens. one's from dad and the other from someone dear. one's reserved for writing in my journal, the other is in my wallet.

15. my watch - my favorite one is something that's a part of a his' and hers' set my brother and i received from our dad.

16. my bag - a christmas gift (last year) from one of my closest friends. it's just perfect for everyday use.

17. my students' box - i call it that because all the stuff my "kids" gave me over the years are in it.

18. my jewelry box - i have this jewelry box that contains my mom's stuff. i don't wear them much but looking at it/the contents gives me flashbacks of myself watching my mom get herself ready whenever we go out. when i have my own daughter someday, i will add to this box and pass it on to her (so help me God).

19. my baul - it contains stuff that bring back memories and memories and memories.

20. my bed (and my pillows) - i get by with 4 hours of sleep most days so my bed is definitely a favorite. i'm on it every chance i get!

I just realized most of the things i listed are given to me. Yes, i am a sentimental fool. hahahaha

No comments: