Wednesday, June 1, 2011

may 31


may 31 is the date my mom died. it's a day after my dad's birthday.

she died 13 years ago.

a lot of times i wonder what she would say about the things in my life - my relationships, my career, my decisions. everything. more often than not, i second guess myself because i fear that she might not like the decisions i made/make. i still have a lot of my "lost" moments and sometimes i wish that she'd appear in front of me, telling me the answer.

i know that had she not died, i wouldn't really be where i am now but as with what my dad said "your mom always tells you that everything happens for a reason. she left us for a reason but she will always be in us. in our hearts. listen to your heart and you will hear her. you will find her there. everything will be alright. after all, you are truly her daughter".

i miss you, nanay. never a day goes by that i don't think about you. thank you for 18 wonderful years together.

(my boys)

No comments: