Wednesday, December 28, 2011

word number 4

i told myself i will limit my words for 2011 to just five, and since i already gave three words, i've been choosing my last two words carefully.

so...my fourth word for 2011 is this: RISK.

"Risk is the potential that a chosen action or activity (including the choice of inaction) will lead to a loss (an undesirable outcome). The notion implies that a choice having an influence on the outcome exists (or existed). Potential losses themselves may also be called "risks". Almost any human endeavor carries some risk, but some are much more risky than others."

I took some risks this year. Some went sour and it caused me lots of stress and sleepless nights and tears, too. Some turned out for the better. And then there was this one decision - this very big risk i took - that is still proving to be worth all the confusion and uncertainty it gave me (although I would really really reeeeeeally like the confusion and uncertainty to be lessened). I took a leap. It made me question myself a lot. It made me look into who I am, what I believe in, what I am scared of, what are important to me.

thinking about this reminded me of this:




i took risks and i know i could have taken some more but fear kept me from doing so. however, i am glad to take these steps and i reckon the risks i took this year are the ones that must be made. 2012 is fast approaching. by then, i will take more risks.

No comments: