Sunday, December 7, 2008

lurve

This afternoon, I got a phone call from a friend inviting me to a party. A good friend whom I haven't seen for quite some time got engaged. So off I went and I'm glad I did. It was nice catching up with old friends and meeting new ones too. There was so much to talk about! And I've learned quite a few about everyone's favorite topic - LOVE.


1. I've learned that if it's the right person, you really can't care about anything. Take my newly-engaged friend. She told us her love story and I found out that she got engaged only after a month after knowing the guy! Everyone kept telling her to think twice but she said she's sure she made the right decision. So there.
Then there's a new friend I made this evening: A. She and her then-bf (now husband) went to vegas on a vacation two years ago and got married on a whim at 4:30am in a 24-hr instant marriage chapel (officiated by a 71-yr old elvis/chaplain/minister)! She even showed us their video...all eight minutes of it!
And of course there's M. She met her husband online, fell in love the moment they met in person and got married three months after.
Love truly makes people do crazy things!


2. I've learned that sometimes, it's not exactly love but the feeling of being in love. There's S. She knows she doesn't love her bf anymore (after almost 3years) but she can't let him go that easily coz she wants to think that she's "in love" (or something like that).


3. Though we know it's time to let go, we hold on coz we don't want to bust our ego. Let's take L's case. She's an achiever. She and her then-bf were together for 6 years. They broke up because of a third party and L almost got into a catfight with the other girl coz she wanted to fight for her bf. I asked her why should she if it's obvious that the guy chose the other girl? She replied "deep down, I don't wanna end up being the girl that was dumped". For someone who's achieved so much, it was indeed ego-busting that she got dumped for a plain jane.


4. Sometimes, love is really just not enough. R is so in love with her bf and gave him almost everything because, well, she's sooooo in lurve. BUT her bf abused her kindness and though she tolerated him at first, she eventually realized that in order to love him, she must love herself first. So she had to let go. Love is really not enough in her case. In order for love to work, it should be coupled with respect.


5. I've learned that getting married is expensive, especially if you have a large family and a larger set of friends. But then again, everyone knows that already =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im 100 % xur, i knw R.....hahaha....

:)

Anonymous said...

hm..... love moves in mysterious ways.....aiyt mam?!... we all have dfrent stories to tell....i can't wait to read ur new blog...haha... hopefully, its about ur new love life....whehe

:)