Saturday, December 6, 2008

will dodge rotten tomatoes =)

I grew up listening to the eraserheads. In high school, I begged my folks to let me watch an eraserheads concert. I loved (and still do) the lyrics, the beat, everything. High school was the best four years of my life and the soundtrack of that time in my life is made up of eheads songs.


I’ve been watching the eraserheads documentary on myx last month. I know I’d probably get a lot of flak for this but here’s my take on the issue.


The eraserheads surely won’t be the eraserheads if one was lacking. Ely provided the lyrics, raimund the beat, marcus the mean guitar riffs and buddy the strong bass. What I found sad was ely’s leaving the group and just sending a text message. For a long time, everyone pinned the blame on raimund, that he wanted to front the band, that he was the diva among them. I was one of those people. Seeing how raimund’s the boisterous one among them, I jumped to that conclusion. But I guess I was wrong. He’s a good guy.


Words are not enough to thank the boys for writing the soundtrack of my highschool life. I wish them and their respective bands success. I’ve been listening to their different bands and they’re all amazing. I would like to think that with their breakup, I did not lose the eheads, instead I gained a new set of amazing artists that will contribute to another chapter's soundtrack of my life.

No comments: