Sunday, November 9, 2008

"long cut"

Lately, I find myself taking the “long cut” to wherever I wanted to go. I can drive to and from school in 15-20 minutes but these days I take the 30-minute option.


I love driving (as long as there’s no traffic). It’s a great way to spend time with myself. Listen to myself. Psych myself up during times when I feel low. Psych myself even more when I’m raring to do something that day. When I drive, I have my music on and sing my heart out without having to worry that someone might hear or see me. Yes, sometimes I text and answer calls too – I do not recommend those though =)


So what do I do in the “long cut” drive?


My mind wanders when I drive. When driving to school/wherever, I think about what I’m supposed to do for the day. I think about what else I could do for the day. When driving back home, I assess what happened during the day and maybe reach some realizations. Sometimes, I let my imagination wander further and think of “what could be”.


By the time I get to my destination, I usually feel perkier.


I recently got this sms from a friend: “Life is a journey… and in that journey, somehow, we learn all kinds of lessons. Through all that, we laugh, we cry, we stumble and fall, but we get up and move on. That’s life… and everything that goes along with it. It’s an amazing journey, so enjoy the ride!”


Now if only gas prices continue to go down….

No comments: