Saturday, November 29, 2008

quotes quotes

was talking to my bro a while ago about our favorite movie quotes. i'm sharing some of mine here (be warned! corny-ness ahead!):



"I'm sorry, just give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance." A Beautiful Mind


"You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake!" The Holiday


"the reason why we are suffering is not because the love has ended but because it still continues even after the love is over" Il Mare


"when do you move on? You move on when your heart finally understands that there is no turning back" - Lord of the Rings


"...I just don't understand how God would let us meet, if there is no way for us to be together..."- City of Angels


Maybe what I'm saying is, is the world might be evolving the way a person evolves. Right? Like, I mean, me for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don't know. When I was younger, I was healthier, but I was, uh, whacked with insecurity, you know? Now I'm older and my problems are deeper, but I'm more equipped to handle them. - Before Sunset


Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own peace of mind; don't assign me yours.- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


"...for the first time everything seemed clear to me - like one logical progression. It felt like you and I were the greatest plan ever made and I had nothing to do with it. Being with you made me feel that maybe I didn't have to keep planning anymore because it felt like I was actually living. And that for once in my life I wouldn't have to work so hard at being happy." ~Boy and Girls


"Some memories are so painful. To forget is a blessing."- Kung Fu Hustle


"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever"- the notebook

"I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness in it. "The Waitress

No comments: