Thursday, November 6, 2008

Someday We'll Know

where: Still listening to music in my room

After dinner, I decided to fix my room and so I put on my ipod and started working. After about 15minutes, "Someday We'll Know" played and the line that got stuck in my head was "if I could ask God just one question...why aren't you here with me?"

I remembered my mom telling me never to ask God why things happen. She used to tell me that whatever happens happens for a reason.

And I believed her. I still do.

But sometimes it's tempting to question God why He lets these things happen to me. To others. Why would He allow so much pain in our lives. Why would He let bad things happen to good people. While typing this post, I chanced upon this:

Common Reasons Why

1. Lack of Fellowship with God and His word

John 15:7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

2. Not seeking to Please the Lord

1 John 3:22 “And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.”

3. Unconfessed Sin in One’s Life

1 Peter 3:12 “For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”

4. Improper Motives

James 4:3 “You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures

5. Not asking in God’s will

1 John 5:14-15 “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”

6. Don’t know how to pray

Luke 11:1 "...Lord, teach us to pray...”

7. Lack of Faith

Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

8. Misunderstanding of Faith

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Many do not understand that faith is believing in the reality of things, even though we cannot see them (Heb. 11:1).

9. Wavering faith

James 1:6-7 “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;”

10. Failure to apply spiritual Authority

Mark 11:23 “For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.”

(gt forums: posted by sis broken_heart)

I guess it's too easy to ask "why". Asking "why" is like putting the blame on Him. "Why did it happen? The Lord just wanted it to happen. I have no power over it."

I am hurting. It still stings so much and I am soooo tempted to ask God why but I refuse to give in to that temptation.

I am trying so so hard to stand strong.

I am trying so hard to convince myself that these things happen for a reason and tho these reasons are not clear to me yet, they will be....in time.

No comments: