Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at? ~W.S. Gilbert

There are three kinds of people in the world: people who whine and complain, people who just shut up and “go with the flow”, and people who sell sea shells by the sea shore. Actually, there really isn’t a third category; it’s just that people think that an effective list needs a minimum of three items. Kidding aside, we, Filipinos, as you might have guessed, naturally belong to the first set.
We do complain. We even complain a lot (just watch the local news). We grumble just about anything and everything. Sometimes I think that we are naturally born whiners and gripers.
One dictionary defines complaining as "an expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment." Why say it once when we can indulge in our misery?
Me? I love to whine. I think it’s therapeutic. But I only do that when I’m with my closest friends coz I know they’ll understand. And my friends love to complain too. It’s our hobby. We complain just about anything and usually end up laughing.
Seriously, we should complain if necessary. After all, we Filipinos are good at that. We’ll just have to squeak and squawk at the right person, right place and right time.

No comments: